CAREER COUNSELING SERVICES ARE IDEAL FOR:
- Adults exploring a career transition or job change.
- Retirees looking to discover options to continue a satisfying future.
- Transitions for those who have been downsized or fired.
- Students & Graduates looking for guidance in school selection, career options, or landing a first job.
WHAT I DO:
I provide effective and professional career development counseling for individuals. This process includes helping you to match your personal attributes with the most appropriate career choices, and then prepare you for a powerful and successful search.
Develop a career direction & establish goals
- Comprehensive Testing: Assess interests, aptitudes, personality, and values. Linking your inner resources with the right career leads to increased job satisfaction and professional and personal growth.
- Occupational Outlook & Research: Learn how to research careers and ensure that there will be opportunities in your chosen path.
Create powerful & professional resumes
- Your resume is a sales tool; highlight qualifications, accomplishments and skills.
- Format your resume correctly and include key words and phrases so that it will pass through Applicant Tracking Software and into human hands.
Interview training & practice
- Research will improve your interviews — demonstrate your knowledge of the company’s business issues and goals and how you can support them.
- Practice the different types of interviews, whether they are with friends or colleagues, search firms or agencies, human resources, or the decision-maker.
- Create stories that illustrate your accomplishments and experience to use in the interview and prepare for the typical interview questions.
Job search strategy
- Create a balanced and effective search in which you uncover the hidden job market.
- Include both active methods (networking and targeting companies) and passive methods (advertisements and search firms) in a successful search.
- Networking continues to offer the greatest access to the unpublished job market and to reach decision makers.
- Learn effective strategies.
- Many people feel uncomfortable about networking, but it does not require asking for favors or cold calling.
- Develop a negotiation strategy and gain knowledge about how to initiate and execute a negotiating conversation.
- Keep the conversation positive and reach a win-win result.